Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hw 56

Rossi,

I enjoyed reading your recap of the interview with the women at the funeral home. I liked that you decided to go out and explore this topic more and ask questions to someone who is in the business and knows a lot more. Something I found interesting was the woman's take on home funerals and how she was against them. Since I did my project on home burials which just goes to show that everyone has their own way of dealing with the death process that makes easier for them. That in the end it's all about remembering that person and honoring their life and wishes.
(http://rossi63blog.blogspot.com/)

Bryanna,

I thought it was good that you decided to get your family's perspective on death and what they want to happen to them when they die which is something that I think is worth thinking about. I think hearing your family's thoughts on the topic helped develop your own in a way. I liked how you talked about your view on death and religion compared to your mom's and how it doesn't matter in the end because it's based on the type of people you are and how you want people to remember you.
(http://lovelifebry.blogspot.com/)

Ally,

I liked your elevator speech, which brought me to your blog. I liked that you decided to make an informative brochure on the alternative burial options compared to a conventional one. I liked that the brochure had pictures of each one and and little story and info on the burial and why it was chosen.
(http://normalisweirddaj.blogspot.com/)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay said:
Larche,

Your research and explanation of home funerals is well structured and informative. It was easy to read without being too fluffy. A counter-argument paragraph would have been an interesting addition and there were a few grammatical errors. But the fluidity and amount information made up for that. Strong post.

Bryanna said:
Hey Larche,
I like how you explained what a home funreal is to that if people didn't know they know do. I also like how you have a quote. As well as write all the soucres that you use good. But I like you explain why home funeral is a good thing. I think home funerals are a good thing to really say bye to your love ones. What do you think you would do or want done for you?

Rossi said:
Larche,
I liked your blog because it provided me with a lot of information. While it had a research paper style your analysis made reading it far less boring than I expected from this assignment. I particularly liked the sentence, “The experience of a home burial can also much more meaningful and personal than a traditional funeral because families are able to carry out the wishes of their dead in a private setting rather than being surrounded by strangers and allowing them to handle the death process, but by handling the death process of their loved one themselves can help the grieving process and make it easier to say their final goodbyes.” While this is an interesting point it is clear to me that some may need the assistance of a “stranger” like a funeral director. They can possibly ease the pain and make the process less difficult and stressful for the family member(s) whom experience the loss. In my opinion I feel that would help me to cope with my loss rather than having to deal with it myself. This was a strong post however I think proofreading is far too often discredited. While the quote above stood out to me it was also a running sentence. Had you proofread I am sure you would have caught it. All in all, good job.

Protege said:
I enjoyed reading this post considering I didn't know much about home burials before. I found it informative and very interesting. I got a better sense of why home burials could be an option for people and made me consider it as an option for myself. I would feel more comfortable knowing that my family member's were handling my funeral and burial arrangements rather than outsiders who are just trying to make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment